Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji

On the auspicious occasion of the birth anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji, I wish all my friends, relatives a very Happy Gurpurab.

I have been much impressed by the philosophy, teachings of Guruji.

By thoroughly studying such holy books as "Janamsakhi" and "Nanak Parkash", I have gathered that Guruji believed in simplicity, sharing, universal brotherhood.

He believed that everything happens only with the consent of the Almighty.

Guru Nanak Dev ji wrote :

तेरा भाणा मीठा लागे
हर नाम पदार्थ नानक मांगे

Translation :
Everything happens in accordance with Your will, My Lord.
Your will is as sweet as nectar to me.
I humbly submit to Your will.
Nanak's only desire is to chant हरी नाम (Lord's Name) ceaselessly.

Inspired by Guru Nanak Dev ji's philosophy, I have written the following lines :

दिल को दुनिया से लगाओगे, तुम्हे दगा मिलेगा
याद-ए-खुदा किए जाओ, तुम्हे खुदा मिलेगा

If you get yourself attached with this illusory world, you will get only deceptions.
Chant the Name of the Lord, my dear, you will surely attain Him and find perfect solace, true happiness.

~ Sanjay Gargish ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery Behind The Cycle Of Birth And Death.

शाम होने को है... (Evening Is About To Set)

Don't Suppress Your Emotions