God Is Like Me!

"अहं ब्रह्मास्मि" is the pith of all the Hindu scriptures, philosophical treatises that I have studied till date.
Simply put, the phrase means "I'm Brahma".
In other words, there is no difference between जीव (soul) and परमात्मा (supersoul or god).

A drop of seawater has the same saltiness, minerals as is found in the Sea itself!

However, under the influence of "माया" (illusion), a soul has forgotten it's true identity, nature.
It considers this काल्पनिक संसार (imaginary world) as real.

Under the sway of मायाशक्ति (illusions), a soul gets itself attached to all the mundane things, beings. This fondness for the transitory world brings nothing except miseries, glooms and dejections.

I opine that the whole purpose of spirituality is to wake a soul out of deep hypersomnia, to make it realize that सुकून (peace) can only be found by freeing oneself from the clutches of मायाशक्ति (illusions).

There are only two ways to unshackle oneself from the web of illusion, woven all around :
(a) meditation.
(b) by chanting the name of Lord, lovingly and single-mindedly.

Going to contemporary  spiritual guides would serve no purpose. Trust me, they are not गुरू (spiritual guides) but गुरू घंटाल (charlatans,fraudsters). 
You will only end up making an ass of yourself.

Well, God truly is like me! -- फक्कड़ (poor, but in high spirits).
To substantiate this, I have written the following couplet :

मेरे पास अश्क-ए-नदामत के सिवा कुछ भी नहीं
मेरे पास हाथों की लकीरों के सिवा कुछ भी नहीं
तुझमें और मुझमें, ऐ खुदा, फर्क तो कुछ भी नहीं
तेरी झोली में भी, ऐ खुदा, मेरे वास्ते कुछ भी नहीं

Translation :
In my eyes, I have nothing except tears of repentance because I can see immense sufferings all around, I find myself incapable to mitigate or lessen them.

If you search my hands, you will find that I own nothing. You will discover only a few lines in my hands, nothing else.

My Lord, it is true that You and me are similar.
Like me, you are also poor as you have nothing in Your bag for me!

~ Sanjay Gargish ~

~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery Behind The Cycle Of Birth And Death.

शाम होने को है... (Evening Is About To Set)

Don't Suppress Your Emotions