Writers Are Born, Not Made

I'm pretty convinced that writers are born, cannot be made. Training Institutes can, at the most, churn out second or third class writers.
Due to the intense pain by foot sprain, I was not feeling sleepy. So I got up in the middle of the night, kissed my Old Monk, and started scribbling on the note pad, frenziedly, as if in a trance. In the morning, to my pleasant surprise, I found that something beautiful has been written.
 
Asadullah Khan Ghalib alias Mirza Ghalib had rightly written the following lines :
"Aatey hai gaib se ye mazameen khayal mein. 
Ghalib sareer-e-khama nava-e-sarosh hai".

Translation : Topics for writing comes automatically, mysteriously to my mind. The scratching sound of my pen is in fact voice of the angels.

Well, I want to share my new composition with my friends. 
For the first time in English poetry, I have tried to use the same rhyme scheme which is popularly found in Urdu ghazals.
Hope you like it.


Persistently I am mocked, persecuted a lot.
Truthfulness, my dear, puts one in a spot.


If Christ was nice, Mirza Ghalib was wise. 
One can never fill another's slot.


In no time, I would become fragrance of springtime. 
My voice, my face, my body, all will forever be lost.

 
When dark clouds loom, you find yourself in the gloom.
Then you'll miss this blemished, with many a blot.


~ Sanjay Gargish ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery Behind The Cycle Of Birth And Death.

शाम होने को है... (Evening Is About To Set)

Don't Suppress Your Emotions