Favorite Pastime Of People

Proferring advice, especially unsolicited, has become a big pastime. You can find all sorts of "advisors" in every nook and cranny.
You see, I'm not against counseling,  but I seriously doubt the credibility of some counselors.
I know some who detested learning, passed various exams by getting rock-bottom score or grace marks. Even then, these dimwits have strangely  metamorphosed into handsomely paid teachers. I can bet that these "luminaries" still can't tell the difference between "lion" and "loin".
I have unearthed, to my dismay, that the majority of the civil servants, politicians calling themselves our "रहनुमा" (leaders or guides) are not only heartless but also utterly inept. No wonder, this country is going to the dogs.
A twice divorced acquaintance of mine has recently started out as a "marriage and family therapist"!

"कभी कभी यूं भी हमने अपने दिल को बहलाया है
जिन बातों को खुद नही समझे, औरों को समझाया है"

[ Sometimes we try to make others understand the things that we ourselves do not know! ]

The irony however is that those having capability to diagnose the disease correctly and prescribe it's precise remedy are often sidelined.
So they generally don't offer any tip.
They choose to remain silent spectators and hopelessly bide their time.

Well, this composition of mine is from the perspective of a lovelorn or any helpless who is being bombarded with empty, stupid suggestions from every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Those who know neither my agony nor me.
Are also counseling me.

I have become drunk and numb in love, you see.
Still they are compulsively counseling me.

In times of need, they either hide or flee.
These familiar faces who now are counseling me.

Though she knows my malady, she is smiling impishly.
She alone is not counseling me.

~ Sanjay Gargish ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery Behind The Cycle Of Birth And Death.

शाम होने को है... (Evening Is About To Set)

Don't Suppress Your Emotions