Emotions Are Like The Weather

Emotions are like the weather of Sonmarg(Kashmir)...highly unpredictable. In Sonmarg, you never know when balmy sunshine, sieving through the majestic pine and chinar trees, gives way to dark, low-lying, monstrous clouds.
Emotions also alter, all of a sudden. Believe me, loathing and love are just the opposite sides of the same coin. In fact various emotions are merely the different forms of the same underlying energy. I have seen bitter enemies becoming bosom friends in due course of time, the vice versa also holds true.
Hatred, when it reaches its zenith, often transforms into love. Still, we hold fast our animosities like a child clinging to the trifling toys!

Sometimes the weather changes rather dramatically. This usually happens during one's middle age. Whether one admits/likes it or not, the "weather change" catches one unawares. The "mausam" is now transfiguring amazingly and becoming "chanchal and baimaan".
With the spring in my step and a song in my heart, I have written some verses for a gorgeous friend of mine. Though she lives in the same city, she is insistent on having "long-distance friendship". Well, Neeru (an imaginary name), this composition of mine, is wholly thine.

Though distance appears between us, we are not apart.
Your farness  doesn't mean separateness from my heart.

In my dreams or waking state.
You are everywhere, of late.
What if we may not meet again.
You are in my mind, my dame.

What if barriers between us lie.
I have secured you in my mind's eye.
Behold me now with your beauteous eyes.
Without the fear of prying eyes.

~Sanjay Gargish~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery Behind The Cycle Of Birth And Death.

शाम होने को है... (Evening Is About To Set)

Don't Suppress Your Emotions