Lonely Life

A writer or a poet keenly observes the goings-on in the contemporary society and then portrays them in his writings.
My new composition mirrors the life in cities, metropolitans, where one is, de facto, all alone. One has nothing to fall back upon. For a commoner, even आब़-ओ-दाना (water and food for survival) and आशिय़ाना (shelter) are hard to come by.
False assurances galore, you see.

Although we have many trusty friends and peers.
When gloomy night looms, even our shadow disappears.

In this city of beautiful, 
Whom should I call my faithful.
Everyone claimed to be my healer.
Each one turned out a wound peeler.

There's no discrimination, immense solace.
Pub for me,  is a burial place.
Here I bury my worries and pains.

~Sanjay Gargish~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery Behind The Cycle Of Birth And Death.

शाम होने को है... (Evening Is About To Set)

Don't Suppress Your Emotions