Peace Is Not For Everyone

Apropos of my last post, a friend of mine wants to know: (a) Should everyone strive for peace?  (b) Is peace possible by going to temples and other places of worship?
Well, in my view, everyone must endeavour to seek equanimity, the way I espoused in my previous post.
Surely this will eradicate most of the maladies in the contemporary world.
I, however, hold the opinion that avant- garde writers and poets must not cherish tranquility.
I wish them minds replete with agitation.
Kindly don't misconstrue me.
You see, mellifluous notes can be composed by the rivulets only if they retain their turbulence !

I had written a short composition, some time back. Let's savour it, my dear. Perhaps you may find answer to your above question number (b).

Chanting Mantras make wandering mind cease.
Saying a rosary-- panacea for forehead crease.
They say that temple bells bring peace.
Will they tell me, please.
Why the crowd in pubs does not decrease?

~Sanjay Gargish~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery Behind The Cycle Of Birth And Death.

शाम होने को है... (Evening Is About To Set)

Don't Suppress Your Emotions