I Am A True Hindu!

A zealot, I supported various Hindu organisations, remained an office bearer of Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarathi Parishad (ABVP), a student organisation of BJP, at D.A.V. College, Chandigarh.

My perspective, however, changed when I paid a visit to the magnificent temple of International Society For Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON).

I was gifted a fascinating copy of "Bhagavad Gita" by the management of the centre cum temple.

I started reading, ruminating over Lord Krishna's sermons to Arjuna.

The following श्लोक (verse) in Chapter 18 was really an eyeopener :

ईश्वर: सर्वभूतानां हृद्देशेऽर्जुन तिष्ठति |
भ्रामयन्सर्वभूतानि यन्त्रारूढानि मायया ||

In the above verse, Lord  says that He is present everywhere, in every being.

If Lord dwells in the heart of every creature, is there any room for fanaticism, to denigrate the followers of other faiths?

I have pondered over, amazingly found that the scriptures of all the major religions teach only one thing - brotherhood.

A truly religious person, who has thoroughly read, brooded over the holy texts will always be :
(a) broadminded.
(b) compassionate.
(c) oozes with love for others.

Well, I am sharing my new composition with my friends. Hope you like it.

(a) दिल के करीब हैं ईद की सेवइयां लजीज
बड़े दिन का रम-केक है मुझे जन्नत से अज़ीज़

(b) गुरूद्वारे के लंगर को बेहद तरजीह दी है
अपनी जुबां को मैने हर स्वाद की तालीम दी है

(c) सारी धरती है मेरा आँगन
अब मैं तोड़ चुका हूँ सारे बंधन

Translation :
(a) I have special place in my heart for the sweets prepared especially on Eid.
The rum cake of Christmas is more dear to me than the joys of heaven.
(b) I have always accorded highest respect to the community food at Gurudwaras.
In fact, I have educated my tongue to savor foods of all kinds!
(c) Now that I am no more a fanatic, the whole earth has become my courtyard.

~ Sanjay Gargish ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery Behind The Cycle Of Birth And Death.

शाम होने को है... (Evening Is About To Set)

Don't Suppress Your Emotions