जबसे उनसे मुहब्बत हो गई है

While rummaging through my old books today, I found another composition of mine written about a year ago.
As I would be celebrating my fiftieth birthday in the next month of August, I have today written the last stanza of the composition and made it मुकम्मल (complete).

Hope you like it.

(1) जब से उनसे मुहब्बत हो गई है
यह फिज़ा नई नई सी हो गई है

(2) गोरे रुख़सार पे सियह ज़ुल्फें
कड़कती धूप में रात हो गई है

(3) उम्मीदों, जुस्तुजूों से जुदा होकर
आसान राह-ए-मंजिल हो गई है

(4) किससे गिला रखें, क्यों रखें
जब किस्मत ही बाग़ी हो गई है

(5) दिल में ख़लिश है ना दिन की तपिश
यकीनन जिंदगी की शाम हो गई है

Meaning of Urdu words :
फिज़ा : the whole environment, milieu, रुख़सार : cheeks, सियह : dark black, जुस्तुजू : desires, गिला : blame, बाग़ी :rebel, ख़लिश : pain in the heart due to unrequited love, तपिश : heat, यकीनन :certainly

Translation :
(1) As I have fallen in love with her, my whole perspective has changed. The whole milieu now looks fresh, new to me.

(2) Jet black hair have fallen on her fair cheeks. It appears as though dark night and scorching afternoon are placed side by side.

(3) I have abandoned all desires, expectations from everyone. Now the path to my destination has become smooth.

(4) There is no use to blame others for one's misfortunes. The fact is that one's destiny is not on one's side.

(5) There is no more heat of afternoon. Also I no longer feel pain in my heart due to unrequited love. Certainly, the evening of my life has set in.

~ Sanjay Gargish ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery Behind The Cycle Of Birth And Death.

शाम होने को है... (Evening Is About To Set)

Don't Suppress Your Emotions